Pages

Thursday 21 October 2010

People are people and sometimes we change our minds

So, getting to the proper posting now. This is why I started this blog in the first place... I'm writing about people today, certain kind of people. I don't know really how to call them, but I guess you'll figure it out.
Okay, so I really have to say that I hate people, who hate things just because they're popular. All like these "I don't want to see Twilight-movies because they're such mass teen stuff" or that "I hate all Disney stars because they're too... Disney". It really annoys me that people judge things without really getting to know them.
I have to admit, that I'm not a fan of mass teen things, either. But I've seen the Twilight movies and I'm not going to say I don't like them because they're teen stuff. I understand if you really don't like them, but opinions based on nothing... I just can't stand it.
And then there are these "I hate Justin Bieber he sounds like a girl" kind of people, and Facebook's full of groups such as "95 % of teens would freak out if Justin Bieber was about to jump off a bridge, like if you belong to the 5 % who'd eat popcorn, and shout 'Jump! Jump'". Like, okay, you don't like Justin Bieber, but is it really your problem if you think he sounds like a girl? I think he has a few nice songs, and I won't say I hate JB just because half of the world says Justin Bieber sucks.
And as opposed to that, there's people who just like something because everyone else does. I can't really think of an example right now, but well let's say that most of the world is going crazy about Lady Gaga's clothes. I think they're way too weird and you can't be exactly normal to wear something like that. And I'm not going to say they're lovely because they're fashionable. Who cares?

Nowadays people care way too much about what others think. I'm not one of those coolest girls in school, in fact, there isn't really one in our school. We have a great class, pretty much everyone's friends with each other even we're really different people. But no-one judges others, and I think that's great. I don't care about make up or don't really bother using too much time in the morning getting ready, and no-one looks at me like they'd be better people than I am. I wear my glasses, as I get a terrible head ache if I don't and I can't wear contacts, and no-one calls me lame. I do well in school and don't really care about partying and getting wasted, and no-one calls me nerdy. I suppose I'm quite lucky, but still... If you're not afraid to be who you are, people will respect you. If you show you're ashamed of yourself, you show others that it's okay to tell you you're not goo enough. That's just my opinion.

Speaking of which... I also get annoyed of these people, who take your opinions too personally. I mean, I might say I would never want to work as one of those people who call others trying to sell whatever magazines or so, but it doesn't mean someone else couldn't do it. That's like the only thing I never want to do, but it doesn't mean I'd hate all the people who do it. If someone wants to do that, go ahead, but don't come to me saying: "Oh, but if you can't get a job anywhere else, blaah, blaah, blaah." I. don't. care. It's not my problem, I don't have a job at all, and I'd rather be jobless than work as one of them.
I face similar incidents every day. I have strong opinions about many things, and it won't be easy to turn my head. But isn't it just good to have things to discuss about, life would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything.

And as I've done quite a bit of writing already, I guess I could still bring up one subject: hypocrisy. God I hate it more than anything. I have this one friend, as she's like the most hypocrite person in the whole world. At least it feels like it. She moved to the other side of the country last year, because she wanted to go this special school. And as you can guess, with a few teenagers living next door each other there's pretty much partying going on there. And I've been with her in a few, more or less, parties, anyhow people drinking. And she always says that it's okay if someone doesn't want to drink, no-one has to if they don't want to. Like me. But you can see from the way she acts that she loathes those people and their behaviour. Might sound like a pathetic example, but when a person builds up from hundreds of such things, it really gets to you.

But I'm getting tired now, so maybe I'll continue some other time.

Taylor Swift - Breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment