Pages

Friday 26 November 2010

Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways

I was just wondering whether people have just somehow ended up here, or whether they actually read something I write. So, here's a challenge:

Comment. Or give me some kind of a clue that you read (or didn't read) it. Also, I'd be more than happy if you gave me ideas to write about.

I don't think I need to tell you but anyways: Pink - Raise Your Glass

EDIT: I just read about Taylor Swift's Speak Now World Tour 2011. But, surprise surprise, she won't be visiting my country. Passing by quite close but not close enough. Just my luck. I've really been looking forward to her concert here one day, but I guess I'll just have to wait. Why does everything have to happen in the US? It's just not fair. The rest of the world is here too, in case you haven't noticed.

But anyhow, better get going now. Maybe I'll drown my sorrow to a nice cup of hot chocolate and Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix which I've been reading recently. I've been having the translated book in other hand and looking up every single word that sounds interesting (and I've actually learned new words!). Thanks to this I've realised how stupid my language actually is: everything sounds so much better when in English. It's actually been quite illuminating. If you get what I mean.

Here's a few examples about, well, languages. It's Hakuna Matata. There's quite a lot of these, but it was too much fun listening to them. Try them. At least a few. Which one's worst? There's a poll in the end, go vote!

This first one goes for you in Denmark! Danish.


Arabic.


Bulgarian.


Czech.


Dutch.


English.


Finnish.


French.


German.


Greek.


Hungarian.


Italian.


Japanese.


Latin.


Mandarin-Chinese.


Polish.


Russian.


Spanish.


Swedish.



Which one sounds worst?

No comments:

Post a Comment